Senior Research, Evaluation, and Quality Assurance Coordinator
Do you have expertise in statistical analysis, quality assurance processes and strategic planning?
Use your skills to assist with the implementation and ongoing evaluation of an innovative model of rehabilitation and reintegration that improves outcomes for men involved in the correctional system
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation and Ravenhall, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison that opened in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click here.
About the Opportunity
The Research Evaluation and Quality Assurance Coordinator provides leadership and management of a number of key portfolios for Ravenhall’s Rehabilitation and Reintegration Services team. This role will monitor program outputs and schedules against contractual obligations and identified needs as well as manage the clinical quality assurance portfolio overseeing the ongoing evaluation of programs and services at Ravenhall Correctional Centre. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with advanced analytical skills, an understanding of quality assurance processes and a proven capacity to engage in strategic planning.
The Research Evaluation and Quality Assurance Coordinator will:
- Participate as a senior member of the Clinical Intervention team at Ravenhall, leading, managing and providing supervision to a team including a Program Reviewer, Researcher, Peer Supervision and Training Coordinator and Administration Support Officers.
- Provide leadership, expert advice and consultation on issues related to quality assurance of clinical interventions and information systems.
- Oversee the communication, coordination, and scheduling of all programs for external and visiting program providers.
- Become a champion in the use of Ravenhall’s IT systems and provide ongoing training to staff in the effective and accurate use of these.
- Undertake regular audits of data entry to ensure accuracy and compliance with operational policies and processes.
- Ensure program review and research is undertaken in accordance with Ravenhall’s Research Agenda and broader National Research and Evaluation Framework.
- Ensure administration staff are effectively and efficiently supporting the Rehabilitation and Reintegration team through file management, quality assurance and program support portfolios.
- Provide oversight of the implementation of the Prisoner Peer Program at Ravenhall.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role of Research Evaluation and Quality Assurance Coordinator you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, criminology or other related field and relevant experience in a health, social work, counselling, probation and parole, prisoner rehabilitation or correctional setting.
- Knowledge and expertise in quality assurance processes, statistical analysis and strategic planning.
- Understand best practice principles in the development and delivery of offender rehabilitation programs and means through which to assess their qualitative and quantitative impact.
- Very high level organisation and time management skills with an ability to coordinate complex program schedules.
- Sound knowledge, or ability to rapidly acquire understanding of, issues relating to rehabilitation and case management.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and management in a high volume, complex work environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that involves direct contact with prisoners in a correctional centre environment.
- Experience with research conducted for industry desirable
For further information about these roles including the Position Description and how to apply, please click the Apply Now button.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Applications close at 5 pm, Sunday 12 April 2020
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply